Concealing products are used to camouflage the imperfections of your skin. They are mostly used under makeup foundations but hardly ever on their own. Check prices of concealers in Pakistan on this page. Read on for some tips and suggestions for the best correctors and concealing products and how to select one.
Pros & Cons
Hides dark circles
Evens out skin tone
Makes you look younger
Corrects skin discolouration
Leads to a flawless makeup base
Hides scars and other imperfections
Can look too obvious if not blended properly
Thicker formulas tend to settle into fine lines and pores
Using the wrong shade can make your makeup look cakey
We have the best concealers from high-end brands and also some excellent quality budget-friendly options here on this page.
Affordable Options in Pakistan
While many high-end brands like Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford, Inglot, Tarte, Vipera, Kat Von D, Dior and Charlotte Tilbury make the best correctors and concealing products, other good quality cheaper options are also available. Maybelline, Bourjois, L'Oreal, Milani and the homegrown brand Luscious are some of the companies selling great quality concealing products at affordable prices in Pakistan. Whether you go for high-end brands or affordable, just beware of the counterfeit products. Here are the top two concealing products widely used in Pakistan.
1. L'Oreal Infallible Longwear Concealer
Available in a variety of shades, this comes in a roll-up stick waterproof formulation. It blends into the skin easily and helps create a flawless base as well as hide blemishes. The staying power is good too as it has a wax-based texture that melts into the skin giving a natural yet full coverage.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
Featuring 12 shades, this lightweight and fragrance-free formula comes in a slim bottle with a doe-foot applicator. The shades are great for Pakistani skin tones and can instantly hide blemishes and imperfections if applied the right way.
The Right Way to Remove Concealer
The best way to remove it is with Micellar Water. It can be used as a mild makeup remover as well as a facial cleanser to prep skin for makeup. You can also use olive oil to effectively remove concealing products.
What to Look For in a Concealer
Don't just go for a shade lighter than your skin tone. There is a whole lot more to concealing than just going one shade lighter.
1. You need to know your skin tone.
2. Concealing products are not just for camouflaging imperfections. They are also used to highlight and illuminate high points of the skin.
3. The colour correctors work when you incorporate the colour wheel into the concealing process.
4. Red spots or any blemish with a red tinge can be camouflaged by a green concealing agent.
5. Dark circles that are more towards brown require peach or orange coloured concealers. The majority falls under this category.
6. For blue-tinged dark circles, opt for a yellow concealing product that is one shade lighter than your skin tone.
Going the right way will instantly mask the discolouration and also brighten your skin. It also helps prevent over usage of the product hence keeping it from settling into fine lines and pores.